II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Light


Revelation 3 And to the angel of the Church in Sardis write: The words of Him who has the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your works. You have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of My God. Remember then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you...He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Ephesians 5 Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.

For the last week, a Hebrew man in a long white linen shift speaks to me in my dreams. He is quoting Scripture from Revelation. He is preaching. Preaching of the end. What does this mean?

Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life.

There has been a recurring theme for me in this season of my life. Awaken. Awaken to a new life. A new lifestyle. A rebirth. In every area of my life. A new fire. A baptism. Life is awakening.

You have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.

What about you? Is God awakening something for you? Are you experiencing a new, fresh longing for Him? For His Word: For His service? Is HE awakening in you?

Just as we are incapable of producing light in the universe, we are incapable of producing light within ourselves. Only Christ can awaken the light of heaven within our hearts. I never realized how dark I was until He shined His light into my life.

When I was sixteen I failed the eye test to get my drivers license. My mom took me to the eye doctor and I was fitted for glasses for the first time. When my glasses were ready the doctor took me into the outer office and stood me before a large picture window and placed the glasses on my face. It was amazing. I could see!! Perfectly!! I never knew how bad my vision was until I saw clearly for the first time.
We walk in darkness, never realizing how lost and blind we are ,until the light of Christ awakens us and suddenly we see clearly for the first time. Light shines in. Christ awakens in us. Amazing.

Those who walked in darkness have seen a great light.

My prayer for you this Christmas Season is that the light of Christ will shine in you. Awaken you. Enlighten you. Satisfy you.

Father thank You for bringing the light of Your Son into our world of darkness. Thank You for holding our lives in Christ and allowing us to see what we really were...naked, blind, helpless and alone. Thank You for this season and all that it means.

No comments:

Post a Comment