II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Word


Isaiah 55 For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from My mouth; it shall not return to Me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.


My ultimate goal in writing is this....To bear witness that God is faithful; to give hope to the hopeless, to point others to the salvation that is only found through a relationship with Jesus Christ, my Lord. I believe that I also have the mind of Christ in this.


For the first time, in a long time, I am unsure of the next step. But I am not unsure of this, God brings to completion the work that He begins to do.


So this morning He leads me to Jeremiah....


Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, and before you were born, I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations....for to all whom I send you, you shall go, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, declares the Lord...Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.


So begins the book and the work of the Lord in the life of Jeremiah....so do we all begin to walk in Him. He speaks into our heart. He steps into our lives. He breathes into these dead souls the breath of the Holy One and we begin to live.


While you and I may not be called of God to be a prophet to the nations, we are called to fulfill the purpose of the Lord for our own lives. There is work to be done that only you can accomplish. You were formed for it, made for it, equipped for it and will be blessed in the doing of it. And if we fail to achieve it, will it get done?


And the word of the Lord came to me, saying Jeremiah, what do you see?


So as you read this and look at your own walk and your own life, what is He saying to you?


What do YOU see?


Father, remember that we are flesh and speak plainly Your words of truth to us. We are dull of hearing and weak in vision. We lack courage and stamina.


Hebrews 12 Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment