II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Birthday

Psalm 69 I will praise the name of God with a song, I will magnify Him with thanksgiving. This will please the Lord more than an ox, or a bull with horns and hoofs.

I prefer to blog in a comfortable chair with a cup of hot tea in quiet space that I love. This blog is written in a coach class set. It is not really comfortable. It is noisy. It smells funny.

But today is a day of thanksgiving. It is my birthday of forty three years.

So today, to honor Him for all He has done for me, I will bless Him with the words of my mouth. Here a few of my thoughts toward Him....

I am thankful that I have a husband who adores me. Even when I don't deserve it. I am on my way home to see my family, my children. My son is home for two weeks from deployment to the Middle East and he is alive and well. My daughter is picking me up at the airport and coming home to spend the night with me. My other daughter is coming by to see me on the weekend. My family, my sisters, are coming to my mom's house where we will meet my new granddaughter, Katelyn Rae who is the loveliest and most wondrous baby ever. I will get to see my red headed, sassy Maddie girl and beautiful Amee. I found out last week that I do not have breast cancer. I am having dinner with two of my favorite people on the planet, my sisters in the Lord Kathy and Margo.

Everything in life is as it should be.

And I know where all good things come from. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Everything and everyone has been given to me from my Father. I was not always this way. There was a time when I had nothing and no one.

Then He came and made all things new. He is my restorer of the breach. My deliverer. The lifter of my head.

So to You Lord....I give it all. My husband. Our children. Our families. Our grandchildren here and to come. Our home. Our lives. Our plans. All that we have. All that we are. It all came from You. It all belongs to You. May we honor You with it all.

Thank You. For everything. For all You have done. For me.

1 comment:

  1. Connie, it was such a gift to celebrate your birthday with you, Jamie and Kathy. I thank God for you and for your precious friendship. May His blessings be evermore obvious to you with each passing day!

    Love,
    Margo

    ReplyDelete