II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Glory


Ezekiel 43 And behold, the glory of the God of Israel was coming from the east. And the sound of His coming was like the sound of many waters, and the earth shone with His glory...And I fell on my face. As the glory of the Lord entered the temple by the gate facing east, the Spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court; and behold, the glory of the Lord filled the temple.

It is frightening to me how easily we forget.

Do you still have the passion for the Lord that you once had? In the beginning? When everything was new? When He was new? Does He have the ability to take your breath and bring you to your knees? Does He stir in your heart and your entire being feels carried away with His majesty?

This is what I think of when I hear "child like faith". Ever see a small child with a look of rapture on their face? A new toy? A cartoon? Looking at their mom and dad coming to pick them up at daycare?

Revelation 1 Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the lampstands one like a Son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around His chest. The hairs of His head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire, His feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and His voice was like the roar of many waters. In His right hand He held seven stars, from His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword, and His face was like the sun shining in full strength. And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as though dead.

Awaken in us all the overwhelming power of Your presence. Capture us, like children, with who You are. Stir us up in remembrance of what You have rescued us from. From death. From hell. From ourselves. Oh Lord speak! Oh Lord rise and blow through our lives like a hurricane. Holy. Righteous. Majestic in power and might. Love like a raging fire that consumes us in our tracks. Show Yourself strong.

Without Him we are dead. He brings the light. He provides the shelter. He is water and air and joy and all things wonderful. Can you hear Him calling to you? Come to Me all who are weak and heavy laden and I will give you rest. I will give you of Myself and you will never want again.

Father, remind me and never let me forget, the wonder of You.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your stuff...so many good SONG ideas
    muhahaaaah
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete