II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Waning


Isaiah 1 What to Me is the multitude of your sacrifices? says the Lord; I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams and the fat of well-fed beasts; I do not delight in the blood of bulls, or of lambs, or of goats. When you come to appear before me, who has required of you this trampling of My courts? Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination to Me. New moon and Sabbath and the calling of convocations-I cannot endure iniquity and solemn assembly. Your new moons and your appointed fests My soul hates; they have become a burden to Me, I am weary of bearing them...Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean; remove the evil of your deeds from before My eyes; cease to do evil, learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause.

And so He speaks to me today...hear My words to Isaiah, to faithless Israel and to you Connie....I am weary of hypocrisy in you. Enough. My soul hates this and will endure it no longer.

I am falling, falling, falling away. Shutting down. Tuning out. Running away. From the only One who can save me. Why do we do this? This self-destructive behaviors. Do you? Is it just me? Am I the only one who despises this disingenuous, religious, monotonous, insincerity of our flesh? God help me. I cannot bear it in myself.

Father forgive me. For insincerity, for hypocrisy, for ignoring You for lesser things. There is nothing higher than You, nothing that can be compared to Your worth. Deliver me from this flesh and make me whole again in You.

Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see you have returned to Him - the Hebrew word is "shub," meaning to turn back, return. Yes, I have felt like Jonah and Israel, many times. Isn't it wonderful we have a God that is waiting with open arms for us to return? So glad to see you are writing again!!!

    Love,
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My P'nut said it all....I am in agreement with you and that He calls me back over and over again, like Gomer in Hosea! Good to see you back! I love you...Lily

    ReplyDelete