II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Ambassador


II Corinthians 5 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making His appeal through us.


The obvious question is, What is my life saying to you on His behalf?


I read a quote recently by Pen Jillette (from Penn and Teller) on his thoughts on Christianity:


"If you believe that there's a heaven and hell, and people could be going to hell, or not getting eternal life, or whatever, and you think that, well it's not really worth telling them this because it would make it socially awkward...How much do you have to hate somebody to believe that everlasting life is possible and not tell them that?"


When I read this I just stopped for a while and let it sink in. I hope you do the same.


II Corinthians 5 We IMPLORE you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake He made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.


Sometimes I get angry about the injustices in this world. I complain that the wealthy should help care for the poor, the drug companies should send medications to the uninsured, stranded airline passengers should be allowed to stay in empty hotel rooms and lawyers should have to be held accountable for the crimes that are committed by persons that they had declared innocent in the courts when they knew differently.


But maybe the greatest injustice of all is that we as Christians hold the knowledge of the gift of eternal life in our hearts and that is where it remains. In us. Never shared. Never talked about.


Who have I implored on behalf of Christ today?


I have been entrusted with an ambassadorship from my King. I owe Him that. I owe Him my life. I owe Him my eternal life. And I owe it to you to tell you of His greatness. His gentleness. His kindness. His salvation. His love. For you.


Do you know Him?


Father I want my life to reflect the gratitude that I feel in my heart for You. I love you Father. You have been so good to me. To us all. Let my life speak on Your behalf and for Your kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment