II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Cottage


II Corinthians 7 Make room in your hearts for us.


Last night I dreamed that I had been given a beautiful spot of land with a small cottage and a lovely garden. I wandered around the rooms of the cottage touching the wooden farm table, looking out the windows, running my hands over the river rock of the fireplace deciding which furniture would be moved to make this place my own. I ventured out into the garden and was delighted to find a large area away from the house where there were hundreds of plants grouped together like an outdoor nursery just waiting for me to place them in the new beds around the property. There was a small stream that ran through the gardens and I was just so enchanted with this place that seemed to have been created with me in mind. Heading back into the house I found gardening clothes that fit me perfectly. Soft denim shorts, large floppy hat and cotton gloves. I found a small shed equipped with tools, bird feeders, wind chimes and bird baths just waiting for me to fit them into the landscape.


Turning to hear some noise from the outdoor nursery I was horrified to see that someone had taken a shovel and completely destroyed the garden. Every plant was ripped up by the roots and destroyed with the end of the spade. As I sat sobbing over the loss of the garden the cottage went up in flames and burned to the ground.


I am not sure if there is any profound knowledge to be gained from the dream but I do think that this is just another part of the work that the Lord is trying to complete in me. He is teaching me that the value in this world is to be found in relationships.


Ken and I live a very different lifestyle from almost everyone I have ever met. We are nomadic. I have become convinced over the last couple of months that this is the Lord's plan for us. He is freeing us up for His own purpose. He is expanding our boundaries in every way.


I woke with the knowledge that I have a home in heaven, built by my Father, which will never be taken away. It will never be destroyed. It will never grown old.


I hope it looks something like the one in the dream.


Make room in your hearts for us.


Father thank You for the wonderful adventure that is life. Expand our territories Lord. Expand our hearts to receive all that You have for us. Watch over those that we love and miss. Father above all help us to make an impact in this world for You. For all You have done for us. We thank YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment