II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Restoration


II Corinthians 13 For we are glad when we are weak and you are strong. Your restoration is what we pray for.


If I were to give an account of my purpose in this work, these ramblings, it might be this...

Your restoration is what we pray for.


What if He is not who you think He is, who you have been told that He is, who you have imagined Him to be?


I would propose to you that He is not.


He is more. Much more.


More than can be imagined. More than what can be comprehended. More than what can be attained. More than can be contained. He must be experienced.


He loves stronger, truer and more completely than you think. He is love by choice. He is love by the character and force of His will. He is love personified.


And His desire is for you. You are the object of His affection. His ardor. His passion. His longing.


And what is the goal of His pursuit?


Restoration. By His love He restores us to a relationship with Himself. It is your heart He is after.


What if everything that has ever happened in your life is for the purpose of finding your way back to Him? What if He has pursued you every step that you have ever taken? What if He has been watching your every move?


Can you sense Him there, in the story of your life?


Sometimes I am asked about the reason for the transparency that I share in this blog and why I reveal the unpleasant details of my thoughts or the shame of my past or the sinful nature of my life. Why do I do that?


For we are glad when we are weak and you are strong. Your restoration is what we pray for.


I want you to know that there is nowhere to hide from Him and no need to try. He desire is to bring you to a place of peace and contentment. He wants to restore you to the beauty that He had in mind when He created you.


He loves you. Pure. Simple. Eternal.


He is not looking for perfection in you. He is longing for a relationship with you.


I tell you the truth. He created you. He has loved you every day of you life. He is not disappointed in you. He is not waiting to punish you. He is watching you and loving you and waiting for you.


He will restore you.


And that is what I pray for.

No comments:

Post a Comment