II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Guarantee


Ephesians 1 ...that you my know what is the hope to which He has called you.


...you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it.


There is a profound peace to be found in knowing that you are living in the hope of the life that He has called you to.


It is the only way to peace.


In John 14 Jesus says, Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. (And in what form did this peace come?)


John 14 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you the Helper to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive because it neither sees Him nor knows Him.


So to give us His peace our Father sent us a guarantee. A promise. A written promise in the form of a person. A living, breathing, ever present Helper. The Spirit of truth itself.


Wonderful. Merciful. Savior. You have done ALL things well.


You have given us life. You have promised us eternal life. And if that were not enough You sent us a personal guarantee, a Helper to guide us along the road of peace. The road that leads us home. To You.


If you are a believer then this is making sense to you because you have experienced this for yourself. It is my hope that this is stirring within your heart a sense of profound gratitude and overwhelming love for the One who could, and would do such wondrous things for you.


But if you have not experienced being indwelt by the Holy Spirit of God this may sound a little strange or scary to you. Maybe even a little insane.


But can you, for a moment, just ask yourself this question, Is this true? Is it possible?


Is is possible that there is a supreme God of this world and that He longs for a relationship with me? Is is true that He has made a way for this very thing? Can He be found and trusted? Can He live and breathe inside this life and bring me to a place of reconciliation and relationship with Him? Does He long for that very thing?


If you can open your heart and mind up the possibility and you can find it within yourself to ask Him for an awareness of who He is I believe that He will make Himself known to you.


Jeremiah 29 You will seek me and find me, when you seek Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

No comments:

Post a Comment