II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Simplicity

John 6   Then they said to Him, What must we do to be doing the works of God?

Jesus answered them, This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent....For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in Him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.

Simplistic.

Now I know what you might be thinking....This is not the whole story.  There must be more do to.  There must be some requirements to secure my place in heaven.  Where is the list?

But for today and for this story there is nothing to be done other than believing.  And sometimes, and for some people,....believing is the hardest part.  Because it is our beliefs that change the way we choose to live our lives.

For example....I believe in the law of gravity and that pretty much prevents me from attempting to attach a kite to my back and jump off the house (even though I have always wanted to try it).  There is a house up on the hill from our apartment that is one of the prettiest places I have ever seen but I believe that if I wrote a check for it that it would not clear the bank.  I believe that if I break the law that I will go to jail so my life is really driven by those things that I hold to be true in my mind and heart.

And I believe that I must deal with the man, Jesus Christ.  I have a choice to believe or not and I am persuaded that this is the most important decision that I will ever make.

Some people obviously have found a way to fly with just a body suit and some people buy things that they can't afford and some people break the law and never go to jail but I am not much of a risk taker.  It's not worth it to me to prove a point.  It is also not worth it for me to just die and see what happens.

I believe that there is a yes or no answer that is required of me.  Will I believe in the life of Christ?

This blog is an answer to that question.  I do not kid myself about having any great writing ability or having new or original thoughts.  I am a simple girl with simple faith and when I read these verses I believe in what they say.

This is the will of My Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes on Him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.


No comments:

Post a Comment