II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Monday, October 29, 2012

The Twelve

John 6    Do you take offense at this?....It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all.  The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.  But there are some of you who do not believe.....After this many of His disciples turned back and no longer walked with Him.

So Jesus said to the Twelve, Do you want to go away as well?

Simon Peter answered Him, Lord, to whom shall we go?

You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed, and have come to know that You are the Holy One of God.

Over the last six years I have a thought that haunts me sometimes.  What if I had chosen not to go to Nightfall on the night that Ken and I met.

It is a possibility that frightens me.

Sometimes at night we sit in front of a fire or wrapped up on the couch or a patio somewhere and turn our photos for the last few years into a slideshow and just watch our lives play out in pictures.  Over 14,000 photos that I cannot bear to part with.

Photos of our kids at our wedding.  Birthdays, Christmases and holidays and Kate :).  Central Park.  The Grand Canyon.  Jerusalem.  17 mile drive.  So many wonderful days.

What if I had made a different choice????   Knowing Ken has forever changed my life and I do not believe it was accidental.

So Jesus said to the Twelve, Do you want to go away.

Lord, to whom shall we go.

It is more than a decision that Peter makes.  It is a recognition of that fact than in choosing Christ he changes forever the direction of his life.  He changes his destiny.  This may be the day that everything that ever would be in Peter's life was determined.

Being in a relationship with Ken was life changing for me.

Being in a relationship with Christ was life saving for me.  In every single way.

We have believed and have come to know that You are the Holy One of God.

Peter must have been firmly convinced of this because the rest of his life was lived out telling others just how much he had come to love and know the man who was his friend, his mentor and his Lord.  He was willing to die to see Christ's kingdom come.

Lord, to whom shall we go?

1 comment:

  1. Connie,

    I am so glad to see you are writing again - praise the Lord! I have missed your insights and look forward to reading more. May the Holy Spirit continue to speak through you!

    Love,
    Margo

    ReplyDelete