II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Darkness


John 11 After saying these things He said to them, Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep, but I go to waken Him.

Jesus alone has the power to waken us from sleep.

Just as God spoke, Let there be light and there was, He speaks to our hearts and light shines in. Before Jesus came to me, my entire life was lived in the darkness. My soul, my heart, my thinking, my habits. It was not so much that I chose this, but that I was unable to produce light on my own. We are in darkness until the light of Christ shines forth in us. And how would we recognize light unless we had walked in darkness?

The Bible says that when Jesus learned that Lazarus was ill, He stayed two days longer before returning to Bethany.
Why?

Then Jesus told them plainly, Lazarus has died, and for your sake I am glad that I was not here, so that you my believe.

This is a hard concept. Was darkness allowed in my life so that when Jesus shined His light into my life, others could see and God would be glorified? I believe that it was for this purpose. And sometimes I just cannot tolerate that thought. It is hard to understand. A loving God allowing tragedy in our lives so that it might allow Him to show Himself strong in us.

Maybe it is this...we can't see the final outcome and He can. We live in the here and now and He lives in the everlasting.

Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died.

Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in Me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die.

Do you believe this?

I do. I believe that bad things happen to good people. Life is hard. Sometimes tragic. I also believe that God is in control and that He is always good. I believe there is coming a day when He will finally and for all time, set things right.

The man who had died came out....Jesus said to them, Unbind him, and let him go.

No comments:

Post a Comment