II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Shepherd


II Samuel 7 Now, therefore, thus shall you say to My servant David, Thus says the Lord of hosts, I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep, that you should be prince over My people Israel. And I have been with you wherever you went and have cut off all your enemies from before you. And I will make for you a great name, like the name of the great ones of the earth. And I will appoint a place for My people Israel and will plant them, so that they may dwell in their own place and be disturbed no more. And violent men shall afflict them no more, as formerly, from the time that I appointed judges over My people Israel. And I will give you rest from all your enemies. Moreover, the Lord declares to you that the Lord will make you a house.

Do you remember what your life was like when God found you?

I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep.

Not leading or shepherding. Following.

I was thinking about my life as I read these verses. Our children are grown and doing so well. They are spending time together and becoming such great friends. Ken and I have a great marriage and a wonderful home. We travel and have a awesome life. Things are good. And maybe that is why these verses mean so much to me. There was a time when my life was very different than it is now. A world away from this. It was so hard. Heartbreaking.

And that is what God did for me. He stepped into my life and changed everything. My career. My family. My home. My life.

I would have thought that I had little in common with David, the King of Israel. But maybe we all have something in common as believers. We are redeemed by God. We are changed by knowing Him. We are saved from our old lives; from our old habits; from our old way of thinking. He takes us from the pasture, from following the sheep and builds for us a house.

Father, thank You for finding us. Where we are. How we are. And thank for you loving us enough not to leave us that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment