II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Hour


Matthew 24 But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all way, so will be the coming of the Son of Man...Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night that the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. Therefore, you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

Are you ready? Are you sure?

If Satan cannot convince us that the coming of the Lord is a lie, then the next best thing is to convince us that it is not happening today.

Eat. Drink. Be merry.

It is the American dream. Life. Liberty. The pursuit of happiness. It is our right as citizens of this country. But is it Scriptural? Is it the attitude of Christ in the life of a believer?

So today I must ask myself...Do you believe this? And does your life reflect it? Ouch.

The truth is that if I really believed that Jesus could come at any moment today and that there are people that I know and love that would spend an eternity in hell, that this would be a very different day. I would be asking the question to everyone...Are you ready? Are you sure?

But do we really believe?

Luke 12 The land of a rich man produced plentifully, and he thought to himself, What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops? And he said, I will do this: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have ample goods laid up for may years; relax, eat, drink, be merry. But God said to him, Fool! This night your soul is required of you, and the things you have prepared, whose will they be? So is the one who lays up treasure for himself and is not rich towards God.

Stay dressed for action and keep your lamps burning, and be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knocks. Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes. Truly I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at the table, and he will come and serve them. If he comes in the second watch, or in the third, and finds them awake, blessed are those servants.

Awake, O sleeper and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.

II Peter 3 Since all of these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening to the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn! But according to His promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

So....Are you ready? Are you sure?

No comments:

Post a Comment