II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Timing


Esther 4 And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

Timing is everything.

It is amazing to me how God orchestrates the timing of my life. Perfectly. For his glory and for His purpose. When we left California in April and drove home to Tennessee, I had no idea what God had in store for me this summer. So much has happened, not only in our family, but in us. So many works of reconciliation. So much going on with our kids. One child got married, one got engaged, one bought a house. So much has happened with this blog and with the possibility of it being put into print. The trip to Israel and the hope of a future with that work. All a part of God's timing for me. For us. Divine appointments. Interventions of God's will on my own. God has so interrupted my life and, like always, improved it immensely.

How could I have imagined the wonderful works that the Lord would accomplish? He is always more than I expect. More than I deserve. More than I can imagine.

Today, we are in North Carolina, by the sea. It is beautiful. As I sit looking out at the changing leaves, the changing season, I wonder what God has in store for me next. Is this season of my life over as well? When we were driving home in April, spring was coming to life in the south and it was a beautiful thing to witness. It was as if I was seeing life come into being. I was unaware that life was awakening inside of me. Blooming. Blossoming life fed by the water of the Holy Spirit. This blog has been a documentary of sorts of the awakening of God in my life. It has allowed others to glimpse into the summer of my Pentecost. Life from death. Hope awakening.

Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.

As the world prepares to sleep for the winter my prayer for you and for me is that Christ would awaken in our hearts. Fresh. New. A flaming fire. An unquenchable thirst. A longing. May we never be satisfied with just being saved from sin. I want all of Him. A consuming passion for His presence. A never ending longing for the Word. A living, breathing passion for the work of the Holy Spirit. Awaken in us Lord. Stir us up in our spirits. Fan into flame the spark that was placed in us at our salvation. Pentecost, Father.

The light of Israel will become a fire and His Holy One a flame.

For the Lord your God is a consuming fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment