II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Debate


Ephesians 4 And He gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into Him who is the Head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.


There was some controversy at the house of Shevet Achim today over doctrinal issues such as whether women should be silent in Church. A divided table with tears and frustration. And for what? Do we honor the Lord with this? Is His name lifted up in this? Is He glorified among us?


Job 38 Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge? Dress for action, like a man, I will question you and you will answer Me. Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell Me if you have understanding! Who determined its measurements-surely YOU know!! Or who stretched the line upon it? On what were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?


For thirty three chapters in the book of Job men debate over who God is; what He desires; what He is like and how He thinks. And then finally, mercifully in chapter 38 God Himself appears and shuts the mouths of those who boast of such lofty knowledge of the Almighty God. And after God is finished speaking Job replies to Him with these words...


Job 42 Then Job answered the Lord and said, I know that You can do all things....therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know. I had HEARD of You by the hearing of the ear, by now my eyes SEE you; therefore I despise myself, and repent in dust and ashes.


Father I will not pretend to understand all mysteries or have all knowledge. I will not lean on my own understanding or fleshly knowledge. I will bring my questions to You for You are the ultimate authority and I will put no confidence in my, or anyone's else's, abilities to interpret Scripture. Father speak into my heart the truth of who You are and how You see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment