II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Monday, March 8, 2010

The Hiding Place


Psalm 27 For He will hide me in His shelter in the day of trouble; He will conceal me under the cover of His tent...


Today I feel very small, insignificant...lost. And the Helper leads me here....He will conceal me under the cover of His tent. He will hide me under the shelter of His wings. And there I find comfort for I feel wounded in this place. I believe that the Lord is allowing me to feel, at least somewhat, what the Iraqi mothers upstairs must feel. This feels like the beginning of a new gift from My Father, this empathy, this buden bearing of others and sometimes, I must tell you that I struggle accepting this. Like a child wriggling to be released from the arms of an adult to be free, to run and play.


The mothers upstairs are far from home; from their husbands and other children. They are strangers here in this strange land where offenses are easily accomplished. They are befeft of their autonomy, privacy, space and personal belongings and this loss of control of their surroundings leads them to actions that express those feelings of sadness, anger or frustration. And unlike me, they are without the Helper, the Holy One of God.


So as I allow the Lord to shelter me and tend to my wounds, He comforts me.


And now my head shall be lifted up...You have said, Seek My face. My heart says to You, Your face O Lord, do I seek. For His is the only face that I know here, the only One who knows me, understands me or feels tenderly toward me. I am not alone here for Thou art with me.


Teach me Your way, O lord, and lead me on a level path. I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord, be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord.


Now is the time for courage and strength.


I lift my eyes unto the hills from whence shall come my help? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.


Father I ask You to conceal me in the covering of Your tent and hide me in the shelter of Your wings. Protect my heart Lord and protect those in this house from harm. Perhaps an even greater danger is to protect us from callousness. Rid us of the ability to turn a deaf ear and to become so busy working and serving that we fail to love or give of ourselves to the people we are here to serve. Keep us from selfishness and remind us of why we are here. This is all for You Lord, this is all for You. You're the King of the world. You're the King of the world.

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 91

    Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God

    1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
    Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
    2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
    My God, in Him I will trust.”

    ReplyDelete