II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Baptizer


Luke 1 And the child (John) grew and became strong in spirit, and he was in the wilderness until the day of his public appearance to Israel.

Luke 3 The word of God came to John the son of Zechariah in the wilderness. And he went into all the region around the Jordan, proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

The road to salvation is paved in repentance.

Curious. John the Baptist was living in the wilderness until the power of the Lord was given to him to proclaim that Jesus of Nazareth was the Christ. His message was not one of celebration but of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Luke 3 He said therefore to the crowds that came out to be baptized by him, You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bear fruits in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, We have Abraham as our father. For I tell you God is able from these stones to raise up children for Abraham. Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that does not bear fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire...I baptize you with water, but He who is mightier than I is coming, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. His winnowing fork is in His hand, to clear His threshing floor and to gather the wheat into His barn, but the chaff He will burn with unquenchable fire.

I Peter 4 For it is time for judgement to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God? And if the righteous is scarcely saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?

Matthew 3 In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea, Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Before the good news of salvation was preached, before the miracles and healings were witnessed, before they were baptized with the fire of the Holy Spirit, the masses were called to repentance.

Maybe that message might need to be spoken again. Look around....are we in need of repentance as a nation? As a people? As a church?

His winnowing fork is in His hand, to clear His threshing floor.

So He speaks to my heart today....

Do you want to see Me? Do you want to witness miracles? Do you want to be baptized with fire and My Holy Spirit?

It begins with repentance and the forgiveness of sins.

Father, I invite to clear the threshing floor of my heart and life and I must admit that it needs a thorough cleansing. I am not satisfied only with salvation. I want more Lord, more of You, deeper truths, a fresh baptism of fire and light, to be consumed with You Lord, to witness miracles and see Your kingdom come. I want to walk with you in honesty and truth. I want my life to count for You, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment