II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Seeker


Psalm 32 O taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him! Oh fear the Lord, you His saints, for those who fear Him have no lack. The young lions suffer want and hunger, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

What an awesome promise. Even more wonderful to see it lived out in your life. Such is the life of the seeker. He is not just words in a book, He is a living, breathing, promise keeping God.

As I picked up my Bible this morning I was thinking about how grateful I am for my life and how good God has been to me, how faithful He is to his children. I am content. I am healthy. I am happy. I am at rest. And even when I am in the middle of storms, He provides....everthing.

Seek peace and persue it....

The Lord has shown us the way to peace.

Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

There is an old song that comes to mind and goes something like this...Turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full in his wonderful face and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.

Are you lacking peace or contentment? Stay your mind on the source of what you are longing to find. Seek the One who provides all that is needed.

Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing....Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all...The Lord redeems the life of His servants; none of those who take refuge in Him will be condemned.

Isaiah 26 You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in You.

Father I am thankful for times like this when life is calm and praise is easy. Thank you for being ALL that is needed in life, for being an anchor in times of troubled winds, for being a comforter of the broken, for being light in the darkness and for being a faithful friend at all times. As we seek You, be found Lord. Reveal to us our greatest treasure....Yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment