II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Bones


Ezekiel 37 The hand of the Lord was upon me, and He brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord and set me down in the middle of the valley, it was full of bones. And He led me around among them, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley, and behold, they were very dry. And He said to me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, You know.

And so He speaks to me today....Can these bones live?

When God came to me I was not "messed up". I had not "gone astray". I was not "backslidden". Even the term "lost" is not adequate. I was dead.

Dead to God's voice, to His Spirit, to heaven. My eternity was bound to have been spent in hell. If you do not know the love of God, the voice of God, the salvation and forgiveness of God; you are dead as well. It really is just that plain and simple.

God, as it were, introduced Himself to me. Can you BELIEVE that? When you read this does it resonate somewhere inside your own heart? Does it take you back to the day that you met Him for the first time?

He steps into our lives and makes us LIVE. He raises us up from the dead. He joins us bone to bone. He brings sinew to our bones and flesh to our muscles and breathes into or bodies the breath of LIFE.

Just as it was with Adam so it is with us all. From the dust....where we are....LIFE FROM DEATH!!!!!

So if we can go one step beyond this...As we were once dead, now we live. Our lives are changed. Our destiny is changed. Our eternity is changed. We are already in His presence. Day by day, moment by moment being brought into His presence and conformed to His likeness. We are BECOMING more like Him. As the seconds tick by we are leaving this place and entering into the next life. Can you feel it? Can you feel this temporary giving way to eternity? Can you feel your spirit soaring upward, climbing, reaching, longing for His touch? Can you BELIEVE this? It is happening.

Ezekiel 37 Then He said to me, Prophecy over these bones and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord....I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. And I will lay sinews upon you and will cause flesh to come upon you and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live, and you shall KNOW that I AM THE LORD.

Ephesians 2 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience-among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.....BUT GOD, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ-by grace you have been saved-and raised us up with Him and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages He might show the immeasurable riches of His grace toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment