II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Delight

Joshua 24    I gave you a land on which you had not labored and cities that you had not built, and you dwell in them.  You eat the fruit of vineyards and olive orchards that you did not plant.  Now therefore fear the Lord and serve Him in sincerity and in faithfulness...And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

This morning I stood in Church with our girls and son-in-laws knowing that my son is finally back in the States and getting to know his daughter in Kansas and I am filled with a joy that is barely contained.  No one deserves to be this happy.  No one who has known me from my youth would believe that this is my life.

I gave you a land on which you had not labored and cities that you had not built, and you dwell in them.  You eat the fruit of vineyards and olive orchards that you did not plant.

I have been given a life that I did not earn.  And what will be my response be to my Deliverer?  It should be no less than my life.

How can I repay You for all Your goodness toward me?  How can I thank You enough?

I will bless Your name with the words of my mouth.  I will tell of Your goodness to those willing to hear!

Psalm 18  ( Because no one knows praise better than King David)   I love You, O Lord, my strength.  The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.  I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised and I am saved...He sent from on high, He took me; He drew me out of many waters, He rescued me from my strong enemy and from those who hated me, for they were too mighty for me...He brought me out into a broad place.  He rescued me because He delighted in me.

Because He delighted in me!!!

Is there anything in this life that can bring more comfort, more joy, more devotion than an undeserved loved from God.  He delights in me.  And for that and for all He has done I will choose this day to serve Him.  As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

Father it is still unbelievable to me what You have done with my life.  You rescued me from it all.  Abuse, addiction, poverty, ignorance and worthlessness.  You found me.  You rescued me.  You brought me to this broad place and this cherished life and for reasons that I will never understand You delighted in me.  Thank You for everything.  My life, my children, my church, the Holy Spirit and Your Word.  All that I am, all that I have and all that I desire is found in You.  For giving me cities that I did not build and vineyards that I did not plant... I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment