II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Voice

Psalm 95   Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!  For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand.
               
                         Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.

Father I pray that You would bless these writings with Your presence.  Give me words to tell every reader of Your goodness, love and mercy.  I pray that every one who reads or listens would hear Your voice and open their hearts to You.  Give power to this writing because without You it is just a rambling journal.

                          Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.

Yesterday the family of one of my patients shared my blog at her memorial service.  It was a great honor for me not because I see myself as anything but because my words were used to speak of  how wonderful she was and how wonderful our God is.

My patients are extraordinary people and many of them find extraordinary relationships with their families and with their Creator during their struggles with cancer.  I have been given the awesome opportunity to be a witness to these miracles.  An even greater gift is to be able to speak of the love of God for us all.

I am compelled to write about my experiences and to tell you what an enormous impact He has made on my life.  He is not exactly who I thought He was or had heard that He was or had been taught that He was.  He is better.  He is more.  He is everything.  And now He is not a thought or a teaching or a philosophy.   He is an experience.  A relationship.

                                  Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.

If you are reading this, know this.  I have prayed for you.  I have prayed that as you read He will speak.  I pray that He will speak truth to your heart.  The truth about His love for you.  I pray He will honor you with the gift of His presence and that you will feel His unfailing affection for you.

Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!  For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand.

                                  Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.

Father may these words fall like seed in good ground and be planted in the lives where you have directed them. For Your kingdom.  For Your glory. For Your name.  I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment