II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Light

Ephesians 5   For at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord...Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.  Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.

My step daughter, Haley, sang one of my very favorite songs Sunday morning....

When I think about the Lord, how He saved me, how He raised me, how He filled me with the Holy Ghost, how He healed me to the uttermost, when I think about the Lord how He picked me up and turned me around, how He placed my feet on solid ground.  It makes me wanna shout, Hallelujah! Thank you Jesus! Lord You're worthy of all the glory!  Of all the honor!  Of all the praise!.

Every time I hear this song I cry.  If I could have written a song that describes how I feel, it would have been this one.

When I think about the Lord....

Before He came I was dead on the inside.  So ravaged by life.  By secrets.  By hidden pain.

I was estranged.

And with His coming He gave a promise, the sweetest words ever spoken to me.

If you will give Me your life I will make somethings beautiful out of it.

When I think about the Lord....

Not one of His promises has failed.  He offered a new life.  Restoration of my family.  A relationship with my children.  A career in nursing.  A place in Israel.  Freedom from smoking.  A beautiful life.  The night He came I wrote down a list of His promises and not one of them has failed.

If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

I stood in Church on Sunday with hands held high and tears streaming down remembering where I was on that day and seeing where I am this day.  Because He loved me.

And when I think about that it is almost more than this body can contain.

When I think about the Lord, how He saved me, how He raised me, how He filled me with the Holy Ghost, how He healed me to the uttermost.  When I think about the Lord, how He picked me up and turned me around, how He placed my feet on solid ground.  It makes me wanna shout!  Hallelujah!  Thank you Jesus! Lord you're worthy! Of all the glory! And the honor! And all the praise!

Father I love You so much and I am so thankful for Your promises to me.  I am grateful that what You promise You bring to pass.  My question is, Why?   Why do You love me so much?  What do you ever see in Me?  I know, and You know that I am no good.  But please don't stop.  I cannot live and breathe without it.

Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment