II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Friday, October 28, 2011

The Willing

And behold, a leper came to Him and knelt before Him, saying, Lord; if You will, You can make me clean.

And Jesus stretched out His hand and touched him, saying, I will; be clean.

So today some thought on willingness.  I wonder....If we knew God's will for our lives would we be willing to walk in it?  If He revealed to us the person that He had chosen for us to marry; or if He chose our vocation, our lifestyle and the region in which He desired for us to live would we choose His pathway with gladness?

Lord, if You will, You can make me clean....

I find that in my own life I want the gifts of God sometimes more that I want the will of God.  I, too, want to be healed and made clean.  I pray for protection, for provision, for wisdom and health and on and on but do I want Him or just what He has to offer me?  Am I willing to seek Him and His will or continue to insist of having my own way?

Throughout Scripture I find a willingness in Christ to do whatever was asked of Him.  Feed the hungry.  Heal the sick.  Comfort the broken.  Forgive the lost.  Teach the seekers.  He gave everything to fulfill His Father's purpose and to see His kingdom come.

Even when facing the cross He was willing.

Matthew 26   He (Jesus) fell on His face and prayed, saying, My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.

I want to ask some questions when I get to heaven and maybe the first one would be to Jesus.  Something like this, How way it decided that You would die for us?

Seeing His ministry and reading this story it would not surprise me if He volunteered.

Lord, if You will, You can make me clean.  And Jesus stretched out His hand and touched Him, saying, I will.

For my soul He was willing.  What will be my response to Him?

Father, I love You.  Not just Your gifts or Your favor.  I love You.  Give me courage Lord to follow hard after You and to seek Your will for my life and to find my Yes, my willingness, in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment