II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Schedule

Romans 11   For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

Over the last six months my priority has been to restore the house.  It is surprising how deconditioned I have become in such a short time.  So today I am beginning a new schedule and my plan is take back ownership of my life and health.  In short, I want to become more than I am.  Better.  Healthier.  Faithful.

Last night I made out a schedule and this morning I set my alarm clock.



0730   Breakfast
0800   Seek God.
0930   Gym.

And after that (and don't laugh) I am studying a second language.

And to keep myself motivated I bought tickets for Ken and I to go to Germany in May.

Why?

For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

When I think about the attributes of God, His character or hallmark characteristics, my first thought is that He is faithful.  To me this is one of the most important things.  Because if He is holy, He must be holy faithfully.  If He loves, He must love faithfully.   God does not change or waver in His thinking or in His attributes or in His love for us.  He is faithful despite what we do.

I want to rediscover what His calling is on my life.  I want to gain a better understanding of who He is and what He has for me.  I want to develop faithfulness in my own life.  When I was in nursing school I discovered that if I wanted to faithful to my studies and learn to discipline my mind that I also had to discipline my body.

So the thought for today is this....

The gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

He loves us.  Period.  He will never stop.  He will never leave.  He will never change.  He will never forget us.  He will never abandon us.  He will never forsake us.  He will never stop pursuing us.

Let's start pursuing Him.

The payoff for the physical work is a trip to Europe.

The payoff for the spiritual search is finding God and discovering the gifts and His calling in my life.

Father I do not wish to be driven by the wind or by my circumstances.  I want my life to be driven by You.  As we seek You, Lord, be found by us.  And be pleased.  I lack disciple and direction because I do not apply myself to following hard after You.  I want faithfulness to become a part of my character.  I want to become more like You.  

No comments:

Post a Comment