II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Body


Romans 12 For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgement, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches; in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in his generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.
We truly are fearfully and wonderfully made. Your body works constantly to maintain homeostasis, or stability within itself. Your kidneys, lungs and heart work alongside your brain, vascular system and skin so that the many parts functioning together allows you to dance, to ski, to work a puzzle, escape from a threat or stabilize dehydration.

A well functioning body is such a beautiful picture of the church, as it should be. The opposite is also true.

Our body can come under attack from cancer or autoimmune disorders that wage war and bring death and destruction to the body. What may start as a single cell can bring about certain death in a very short period of time. Sometimes the body is hard to control; it has a will of its own. Have you ever tried to sleep when your body does not want to or try to tell yourself that you do not have to use the bathroom because there is not one handy? Ever try to convince yourself that you are not hungry or thirsty?

Living outside of God's plan for us is like trying to convince yourself that you are what you aren't. Like putting a round peg in a square hole. Life can become uncomfortable; a poor fit.

Is that where you are or am I the only one?

The body functions well when everyone does their own part; when I am not trying to be an ear if I am an eye, or a round peg if I am a square. My life functions pretty well when I know that I am living the life that God planned for me, not to perfection or in my own ability, but when I am content with where He has me and I live within His plan.

As I was praying that the Lord would give me grace to grow where He plants me and to follow where He leads, He gave me these verses...

Isaiah 58 Is this not the fast which I choose, to loosen the bonds of wickedness, to undo the bands of the yoke, and to let the oppressed go free and break every yoke? Is is not to divide your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into the house; when you see the naked, to cover him; and not to hide yourself from your own flesh? Then your light will break out like the dawn, and your recovery will speedily spring forth; and your righteousness will go before you; the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard. Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry and He will say, Here I am. If you remove the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger and speaking wickedness, and if you give yourself to the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then your light will rise in darkness and your gloom will become like midday, and the Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail. Those from among you will rebuild the ancient ruins; you will raise up the age-old foundation; and you will be called the repairer of the breach, the restorer of the streets in which to dwell.

Father thank You for speaking to my heart the desires and plans that You have for me. You have already done enough for me to say that I have placed my trust in You. Speak clearly to me the path that You have chosen and given me the courage to follow You. Be pleased Lord and remember me for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment