II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Gospel


Hebrews 2 Therefore, we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it. For since the message declared by angels proved to be reliable, and every transgression or disobedience received a just retribution, how shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation?


I wonder...What if the early church and the spreading of the gospel had been left to you and me. Imagine that we and a group of our friends had been disciples of Jesus and He had charged us with the command to take this gospel of good news to all the world. Where would it be now? What would the world look like for the kingdom if it were up to us to deliver it?



Romans 10 How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in Him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the Good News! But they have not all obeyed the gospel.


And how shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation?


Aren't you glad that someone shared the gospel of Christ with you?


So many have influenced me for Christ. Dr. Charles Stanley, Corrie Ten Boom, Catherine Marshall, Henry Blackaby, Oswald Chambers, Max Lucado... Just to name a few. So many Sunday School and Vacation Bible School teachers, pastors and missionaries, friends and family have been willing to be poured out for Christ into the lives of others.


I am so grateful that I was raised in church and that I have a mother who lived a life in front of me that reflected her love for Christ. I am grateful that God gave me such a love for reading and that so many were willing to share their stories in print. For the singers, speakers, teachers, the Bible man who came to our elementary school and countless others, too many to mention, who shared Christ with me....thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment