II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Monday, September 5, 2011

The Incurable


Jeremiah 30 For thus says the Lord; Your hurt is incurable, and your wound is grievous. There is none to uphold your cause, no medicine for your wound, no healing for you...for I have dealt you the blow of an enemy, the punishment of a merciless foe, because your guilt is great.

Lamentations 2 For your ruin is vast as the sea; who can heal you?

Isaiah 53 For He grew up before Him like a young plant, and like a root our of dry ground; He had no form or majesty that we should look at Him, and no beauty that we should desire Him. He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief and as one from whom men hide their faces. He was despised, and we esteemed Him not. Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions; He was crushed for our iniquities; upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to His own way. And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

It has been a long, long time.

When I sat down with my Bible today I did not expect to write a blog. I hoped I would. So I brought paper and pen just in case. Just in case the Lord of heaven and earth should speak. For what could He possibly have to say to such a wandering heart, to one so easily drawn away?

For this says the Lord, your hurt is incurable....your guilt is great. Who can heal you?

So today, as with so many days before, I am faced with the truth. The biting, cutting edge of truth. There is no possible answer to our pain, our addictions, our trouble or our sin aside from Jesus Christ.

There is, I believe, a fundamental flaw in our thinking that is this....If I can change this, control this, stop this.....I will be acceptable or approved by God.

And so He comes to me with truth. Who can heal you? There is no hope for you. No help. No cure. No medicine.

You are ruined.

But He....

He was wounded for our transgressions. He was crushed for our iniquities. Upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace and by His stripes we are healed.

Because on Him was laid the iniquity of us all.

If you struggle, like I do, be comforted. There is hope for you. There is a cure. There is a remedy of healing and forgiveness in placing your faith in the only one who is able, who is is worthy, who is willing to save.

What can wash away my sin? What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Jude Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blames before the presence of His glory with great JOY, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Connie! I am SO glad to see that you are writing again - Hallelu Yah! I have missed hearing God's voice and your voice. Hope to see you soon -
    Love,
    Margo

    ReplyDelete