II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Monday, September 19, 2011

The Stream

Proverbs 21   The kings heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He will.

II Corinthians 1   For all the promises of God find their Yes in Him.  That is why it is through Him that we utter our Amen to God for His glory.

On my last visit to Jerusalem we were discussing what it means to be a follower, a believer, in Jesus Christ.  I have a friend there whose answer remains with me still.  She said that our answer to Christ in our life should always be Amen.  Yes.  Whatever He asks, before He asks, that the answer from our heart would be Amen.

I remember thinking at the time that I was not sure I was there yet.

The word "Amen" is used often in the Christian faith.  It is a punctuation to our prayers and is used in services as a term of agreement or acknowledgement of truth.  And it should also be the cry of our heart.  It is a submission of will.  A surrender of our heart to His.

The kings heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it where He will.

If I could make a verse my very own, absorb it into my thoughts, if I could lost myself in a theology I would chose this one....to find my Amen, my Yes, in Him.

For all the promises of God find their Yes in Him.

In order to do that I must be willing to hear Him and I must know Him.  For how will we ever follow a God that does not speak?  How will He ever speak if we do not know Him?  And how will He ever be heard if we are not listening?

One of the challenges in hearing is finding a quiet place and then willing yourself to be quiet in your mind and spirit.  When I find myself floundering and without direction or when I am certain that I have made a poor choice I can always trace this back to not taking the time to hear or worse, not even asking for direction.

If I know Him, if I seek Him, if I listen to Him then what will my answer be when He speaks?  Will it be amen?

Father may my answer to You in all things be Yes!  Amen.  To know You, to be found in You should be the objection of my life, my highest goal.  To hear you and to trust You enough to say Yes to You in every way is the desire of my heart.  I have found You faithful and true in all Your ways and worthy of all that I have.  Help me to find my Yes in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment