II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Walk

Amos 3   Do two walk together unless they have agreed to meet?

Sometimes it is the simplest of statements that stop you and cause you to remember...

Most all of our relationships in life are born from choices that we have made.  We fall in love by choosing to spend time with someone.  Children are born from choices made by their parents.  Friendships are formed by electing to spend time with another person.

Do two walk together unless they have agreed to meet?

I, we, are pursued by God.  By the choice of His will we exist and through His love for us He draws us to Himself.  Salvation, by faith in His gift of love for us, is really about a choice.  An agreement to walk with Him.

We are born estranged from God.  Not as a result of any wrong that we did but because we inherited a nature from our ancestors.  A choice was made long ago to disobey God and a breach in that relationship followed.  The relationship between God and man was forever changed and we are a result of that first choice.

God also had a choice.  He choose to redeem us.

Do two walk together unless they agreed to meet?

I remember when I agreed to enter this relationship.  I agreed with God.  I chose to believe that His word was truth, that He existed and that I needed Him.  I could not bridge the gap between us so He came to me.  He loved me.  He healed me.  He rescued me.  He saved me.  And as a result of His great love for me I agreed to walk with Him.

One of the phrases used most often by Jesus was, Follow Me.

It is an invitation to a relationship.  It is a covenant.  An everlasting marriage.  Sealed with His own blood and with His own life.  Paid for by His unfailing love for us.

If we could even for a moment open up our hearts and minds to grasp the depth of His feelings toward us we would never be the same.

He loves you!!  He waits for you!!  He longs for you!!

It is your choice.

Can two walk together unless they have agreed to meet?

Can you hear Him?  Do you see Him?

He gave you life and breath.  He gave His life and breath for you.  The call of Christ throughout the ages has been, Follow Me.  All the way home.

Father You are so good and so misunderstood.  Everything that we are and all that we have and enjoy is a result of Your mercy and goodness.  Open our eyes to You, Lord.  Open our ears and heart.  Let us find our Yes, our Hallelujah, in You.  We agree to meet You and walk with You.  It is the least we could do for all You have done for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment