II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Monday, December 6, 2010

The Everlasting


John 11 Whoever believes in Me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?


Do you believe this?


This morning when I opened my Bible I just "happened" to be where I left off yesterday and found myself at the story of Lazarus. What a wonderful Savior. He meets me every morning just where I need Him. I needed to hear what Jesus had to say about death this morning.


After saying goodbye to Bechel, Nawfal and Mariwan we headed out in two vehicles for Wolfson. Four children got good echo reports today and then, hallelujah, we headed for the sea.


We went to the old port city of Yafo and it was absolutely beautiful. The clouds cleared and the rain stopped and it was lovely. We parked and walked along the boardwalk down to the port where every morning fresh fish are brought from the sea and sold. It is one of the oldest cities in Israel. The surf was up and there were several people surfing the waves. It was fabulous.


On the way home, in the traffic and misting rain, with the children chatting and sleeping in the back of the van, I find myself in a place of peace.


I don't feel the same as I did the first time I came to this place. I am not on a mission to find God or have some kind of deep religous "experience". I do not feel that being here gives me some special "vision". I just feel a need here and I can, in some way, aleviate that need. I think my Father has brought me here for His purpose. I would love a revelation, a vision, a deep awakening in my soul but that is not why I am here. I don't "need" to be here. I just want to.


Father, I love You. Everything about You. I find You enchanting. I just want to walk with You and love You and be near You. And if You choose to reveal Yourself to me in a miraculous way then I will be happy. But for today I am at peace just being in Your presence and feeling a sense of belonging in Your city and with Your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment