II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Feast


John 7 On the last day of the feast, the great day, Jesus stood up and cried out, If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. Whoever believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. Now this He said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.


As I am reading this the Helper leads me to truth about some of the wonderful people that I have encountered on this trip and some of the amazing conversations that have flowed out of those meetings.


It is not the people themselves who are so wonderful as it is the fact that I am encountering the Holy Spirit within them. And the conversations that have touched me to my very core have indeed been conversations with my Lord.


And if you can sit for a moment and allow Him to let that thought settle in your mind it might change your life.


Every day since my arrival here I have had a divine appointment. I believe that the Lord came before me and arranged these meetings and I feel He must take delight in His work for I have never had such an experience as I have enjoyed in my time here. It is important that when I see this design in my life that I recognize from where it comes because there are lessons to be learned here.


I needed a Savior desperately. I needed the anointing of His Holy Spirit desperately but that is not the end of my need. I need to be with other beleivers who are walking in that Spirit because it brings me to a place of miraculous worship and I want you, if you are reading this, to GET that. Father help me here....The end result of these wonderful encounters is that I find myself worshipping my Lord!!! When I am with Daoud, Zack, Rafi and Fita, Hephzibah and Gunter, Alvin and Sherry, Samir or my precious friends in this house I find that my heart is in a state of worship to Him.


I need that. It is like a drug to me and I want to be an addict.


Jesus cried out, If anyone thiersts, let him come to me and drink....Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.


Father I find You, as always, amazing. How is it that I can be thirsty and satisfied at the same time? How is it that I can be in conversation with another and worshipping You in my heart? I love the way that Your Spirit flows in and out of our conservations weaving us together like needle and thread. Father would You continue this work for all of my life? I have never felt such joy and contentment as when I see You in another. It is like a child, being rocked, looking into the face of their mother and being satisfied. Thank You for revealing Yourself to me. Thank You for revealing Your work in my life to me. Thank You for preparing the way for me while I am here. I love you Father.

2 comments:

  1. this was really refreshing this morning, connie... thanks so much for writing the thoughts that He gives you! we miss you all :)

    fondly,
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Feast that ONLY the Father could conceive of...a feast of hearts, friends, worship....HIM!

    ReplyDelete