II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Friday, December 3, 2010

The Shalom


John 14 Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.


Shabbat Shalom from Jerusalem :)


This morning we welcomed another new face, Brian, who is from Wales, and again the Lord brings another heart connection into His kingdom. During our time of worship this morning we heard a little of his story and we shared a little of ourselves with him.


And guess what????? I had my very first Hannukah donut in Jerusalem, still warm from the oven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many little treasures from this trip. Speaking of little treasures, Laura and I went upstairs for a short visit with the kids and to take a few pictures.


The office closed at 12 noon today and I am officially off work for the Sabbath. Yea! and Hallelujah because I had awesome plans. Donna Jo, Justina and Brian were going to Bethlehem to visit friends so I hitched a ride to meet some friends also. We stopped on Manger Street :) in Bethlehem and went our separate ways and Rafi came to pick me up for an afternoon at his home. SWEET. Rafi and his family are from Bethlehem and are believers in Christ and they are the lovliest of people. When I arrived at their home a grand lunch was in the making. Whole fish grilled over a wood fire, homeade bread over the same fire, roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, garlic and onions, fresh salad with lemon and some traditional arabic dishes. It was wonderful.


The two older children took me to see their rooms and learned how to use my camera and then we took some pictures with their new brother in his wonderful cradle that their father made before he married their mother in the hopes that they would have children together. And they do, dark brown eyed beauties.




And true to their culture hospitality rules in their house. We stayed around the table for hours having tea and then arabic coffee and chocolate. We talked about the difficulities of life here, the wall that is built between them and Jerusalem, the state of their economy and healthcare.




I find the palestinian people that I have met completely lovely in form, in family and in thought. I barely know Rafi and his family and he has offerred to let me and Ken stay in the basement apartment of their home and live and volunteer in Bethlehem. What a tremendous thought.




When I left from Rafi and Fita's house I met up with my friends in Bethlehem and was invited to meet their friends in their apartment. And if the day had not already been wonderful enough, I wish you could have seen the view from that apartment when I walked in the door. Wide windows banking the entire back of the apartment looking out over Bethlehem at dusk. And it just took my breath away. There I met Alvin and Sherry, a married couple, who have a ministry in Bethlehem. We were with them for maybe only ten minutes but it was so powerful. Not only the view but the couple. Before we left Alvin asked if he might pray with me and as he took my hand it was like electricity from his hand to mine and as he was praying he prophesied over me. Wonderul things from the Lord about what he saw when he took my hand. He said he immediately saw a needle and thread and that the Lord was weaving me and my husband into a place in His kindgom and His ministry and that within the next two years we would see great changes in our lives and we would walk through a narrow gate on a specific path chosen for us by God and surrounded by children. The Lord is doing a new thing in us.




This entire trip has been this way. Every day a new adventure, a new face, a new revelation. How can it be that you can be with a person, regardless of the amount of time, and that the Holy Spirit moves so strongly between your heart and their that you are changed?




That is miraculous. It has been like lightning in my heart, fire and smoke and thunder. That is the power of our God. He has an impact when we face him in the lives of other believers.


I want that. I don't think I can live without it anymore. I am sick of mediocrity. I want a fire, a hurricane, a flood, Lord. Oh God, drag me from this lukewarm lifestyle!! And change me, Lord and let me live a life in which others are impacted by Your Holy Spirit dwelling within me.

1 comment: