II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Friday, December 10, 2010

The Majestic


Psalm 8 O Lord, our God, how majestic is Your name in all the earth! You have set Your glory above the heavens. Out of the mouth of babes and infants You have established strength because of Your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger. When I look at Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have set in place, what is man that You are mindful of Him and ths son of man that you care for him?


Father I thank You for the trip that You have just walked me through and for being able to see Your handiword in my life. Who am I that You are mindful of me and how is it that You have come to care for me?


Yesterday we went to Wolfson to visit the mothers and children from Gaza. This was great because I never get to meet them. They usually come directly from Gaza and straight to the hospital and they stay there until they return to Gaza. Such tiny little children and when I look at them I think about how small their little hearts must be and how tedious to work on such little bodies.


We picked up some stuffed sandwiches, pizza and cold Coca-Cola and headed for a guided tour, by our driver, of Tel Aviv. It was a beautiful drive and since it was a very windy day there were lots of wind surfers, gliders and kites on the beach.


AND THEN......we went to the airport to pick up my friend and sister in the Lord, Alyssa. She and I sat in the front so she could get a good view of her FIRST drive from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. This was a night of firsts for her.


I love firsts!!!!!!


When we arrived at the house Shabbat was just beginning and Alyssa got the honor of lighting her first Shabbat candles and saying her first Shabbat blessing. She was wrapped in a beautiful silk head scarf and with her dark hair and big brown eyes she looked just like I imagined that Mary, the mother of Jesus would have looked. And then we DANCED for the Lord, thanking him for Shabbat rest, the wine and the bread and for loving us.


My friend, Daoud, the prophet, and Khaled came by for dinner and so Alyssa had another first. Listening to the stories of Muslim background believers and the difficulties that they face. I told her some of the suffering of Daoud, how he had been beated at the Dome of the Rock for his faith in the Lord Jesus. Dinner was lovely and afterward we watched, Silent Night.


Hastaiyr was admitted to the hospital last night as well for fever and possible tonsillitis. Father please heal him and let this not cause a delay in his returning to his beloved Kurdistan.


So, as the sun rises on my last day here, for now, it is Sabbath and I AM GRATEFUL. Grateful for this house, for this ministry, for my family here, for the Lord's work that is done here, for all my firsts, for the children and mom's. I know that when I am old, God willing, and I reflect back on my life that I will remember this trip and smile. It has been an adventure and a pure delight. To Jonathan, Justina, Donna Jo, Donna P, Michelle, Mary, Jenn, Ryan, Brian, Lila, Suhail, Lina, Mauna, Gaddy, Youseff, Alyssa, Sonia, Rafi, Fita and their family, Alvin and Sherry, Gunter and Hepzhibah, Vincent, Daoud, Khaled, Zach, Samir and all the rest who touched my heart and my life by being lights in the kingdom of their Father and King....thank you, thank you, thank you. And to my King....You are everything to me and I adore You.

No comments:

Post a Comment