II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Gravecloths


John 11 And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. I know that You always hear Me, but I said this on the account of the people standing around, that they may believe that You sent Me. When He had said these things He cried out with a loud voice, Lazarus, come out. The man who had died came out, his hands and feet bound with linen strips, and his face wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, Unbind him, and let him go.




Wow, right? Who has ever seen such a thing? Who can imagine it?

I believe that this is a literal story. A true story. But it has tremendous metaphortical value. It reminds me, of me.


I was dead. Spiritually. Emotionally. Financially. And all but dead physically.


I was in darkness as thick as the tomb. I was trapped as if by a great stone. I was bound by sin hand and foot. I was blind to the truth as if covered by a shroud. Bound, in darkness, alone.


And Jesus Christ became my good.


Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. I know that You always hear Me.


Let Us save Connie, Father. From death. From hell. From herself. Let Us rescue her and forgive her and fill her with Ourselves so that when others see the miraculous change in her that they will glorify her Father in heaven. Let Us perform a miracle in her life and raise her from the dead. Let Us make her life beautiful. And when this life is over let Us bring her safely into Our kingdom. Let's unbind her and let her go.


For who but Us could save this life?


I Corinthians 15 Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?


Jude Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of His glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment