II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Party


I Corinthians 15 Behold, I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall ALL be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on imortality.


Death is swallowed up in victory!

O death, where is your victory?

O death, where is your sting?


Today I walked to Christ Church, in the Old City, to meet my friend and brother, Daoud, the prophet from the Mount of Olives. We met there for prayer and to hear from our Father and to say goodbye. For now.


After dinner tonight we went upstairs for a going away party for beautiful Harseen, Um Harseen and me. It was very bittersweet. I love Um Harseen. She is a wonderful mother. She is also quite beautiful. I think we would become great friends. And Harseen, well Harseen is a doll.


Something Jonathan said during the party is lingering in my mind. He said that maybe I would return here soon and maybe we would go to Kurdistan to visit Harseen's family but that this would be the last time, on this earth, that we would all be together.


And for a moment I thought I might burst into tears.


It really resonated with me. We get one chance to make a difference.


I really love these beautiful people. And if I never see them again on this earth it will be very sad for me. But it would be devastating to spend eternity without them.


It is time to wake up.

Arise, O sleeper, and arise from the dead,

and Christ will shine on you.


It is hard to say goodbye. Tomorrow Jonathan, Laura, Harseen and her mother will leave and I will not see them again. For a while.


There will be a noticeable gap where their smiles should be.


Father, as my time here draws to a close, I want to thank You. For all You have given me on this trip. How can I express my gratitude for the complete joy I have found in this journey. It has been more than I ever expected. More than I dreamed. More than I could have imagined. More than I deserve. Just like You, Father. Lord Jesus, would You watch over those here that my heart loves? Would you bless them and bring them safely into Your kingdom? For I cannot bear the thought of missing a moment of eternity without their being there. Thank you Father that there is a day coming when we will no longer have to say goodbye to those closest to our hearts and Yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment