II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Prophet


Romans 12 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your reasonable spiritual worship.





Today has been such a great day. It is Sabbath so I slept late, until eleven. During my brunch I had a conversation with Brian about the story of Jacob wrestling with the Lord. He had some very intersting thoughts on this, a different perspective. He was saying that before Jacob could be reconciled to Esau that he must first wrestle or come to terms with the Lord. He related that to modern day and suggested that before the sons of Jacob, Israel, could be reconciled with the sons of Esau, Palestine, that Israel would have to come to terms with Jesus Christ. I have thought about that a great deal today.






I also had a coming to terms with Jesus. On the night that He revealed Himself to me I had to confess my true feelings towards Him. I was angry with Him that He had allowed so much suffering in my young life. I felt He had not taken very good care of His child. It was only through this wrestling, this coming to terms and being honest with Him that I truly learned to consider Him my friend. He gave me a better understanding of Himself and He changed my perspective. I, like Jacob, was wounded by the encounter but I left it as a different person. My name also was changed. It was written in the Lambs Book of Life.






Thought provoking conversation over brunch.






Later my friend, the prophet from the Mount of Olive, Daoud came by. I love for him to visit. His kindness and humbleness and love of Jesus moves me. He is unashamed and continues to suffer for that to this day. He is persecuted until now for his faith and voice for the Lord. How is it possible for anyone to mistreat such a kind and gentle man of God?






Daoud asked me a very interesting question tonight. He asked me to read Romans 12 and said, Jesus says to you, (specifically to me) Are you ready?






He says that the Lord has shown him that I have spend much time in the last few weeks in prayer. True. That I have given my heart to Him completely. True. That I have been seeking Him. True. And that He is asking me this same question, Are you ready? True.






Daoud says the Lord has planted me here. True.






I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.






Later we had the most wonderful dinner, a luxury. French toast with syrup or honey; bananas and pomegranate with yogurt and scrambled eggs. Exquisite. For a late night snack it was mixed nuts and fruits, fresh from the Jerusalem market :)






I have a couple of things that I hope to do before leaving. One was to see the sea and I have been thinking that it's about time for me to visit the garden tomb. I have been to Israel four times and have never been to the tomb. This afternoon when we got our weekly work scedules I am to visit the sea in Tel Aviv on Monday and go with the moms and children to the garden tomb on Wednesday. How great is our God?






Father You have given me blessing upon blessing this trip and I am overwhelmed with the generosity and hospitality that has been shown to me here. I cannot thank You enough. I love You Lord and I am grateful, so grateful for Your love toward me. I don't know what the future will bring but I will trust You to show me daily what Your will is. I am ready Lord. Plant me wherever You choose and bring me safely to Your kingdom.






Song of Songs Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away.

No comments:

Post a Comment