II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Finish


Lamentations 3 But this I call to mind, and therfore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end: they are new every morning, great is Your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I will hope in him.


Have you ever had a day when you knew you were seeing the fulfillment of a prophecy or that you were seeing the completion of a promise from the Lord?


Today is that day for me. I am teaching first aid and CPR to the staff at Shevet Achim.


Many years ago, before going to college and then to nursing school, the Lord promised me this day. I became a nurse, in part, to serve here. I didn't know where or when at the time but the Lord spoke very clearly to me about nursing school, travel nursing and serving in that capacity, in this city.


Can you believe this?


It is nothing that is special in me, it is not about me. It is about having a God who is faithful to keep His promises. It is one of the foundation stones of my faith. For how can I ever walk this life without knowing that He is faithful and trustworthy? I cannot trust in myself. I cannot trust completely in anyone other than Him. He is the rock that holds me steady.


Only God can take a life that is useless and make it useful. Only God can promise great and mighty things to ordinary people and then equip them to see them through. He alone is the source of strength.


It has been a long walk, this new life with the Lord. Hindered oftentimes by my willfullness and refusal to walk the path that He has chosen. But even during the times that I struggle against His will I find Him completely faithful to what He has promised. I have learned hard lessons about refusing to walk in His ways. I hope I have learned those lessons well.


Today is a day of hope for me. I believe that when this trip is finished I will hear Him say, Well done. It is my highest hope and there is no conceit in this for many times I know that I have failed. But at the end of the day, at the end of this trip, at the end of this life what I want most of all is to do the things that please Him. For all He has done for me. It is the least that I can do.


Father You are, as always, such an unexpected gift of surprise. That You found me and loved me and saved me still amazes me. I want You to know that I know Who has brought me to this place, Who has sustained me and Who will bring me safely into the kingdom when this life is over. I love You Lord, so much. Be pleased in me, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment