II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Awakening


Isaiah 50 Thus says the Lord: Where is your mother's certificate of divorce with which I sent her away or which of my creditors is it to whom I have sold you? Behold, for your iniquity you were sold, and for your transgressions your mother was sent away...Is my hand shortened that it cannot redeem? Oh have I no power to deliver...

The Lord has given me the tongue of those who are taught that I may know how to sustain with a word him who is weary. Morning by morning He awakens; He awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught. The Lord has opened my ear and I was not rebellious. I have turned not backward.

Today we made our first trip to Tel Aviv to the Wolfson Medical Center for Ikram's surgery to repair his heart defect of Tetrology of Fallot. Four defects of the heart. Learning to compensate for each other for Ikram's survival.

On the drive up from Jerusalem I could almost hear the heart of Jerusalem's Messiah breaking for her. His heart breaking. Her heart wounded. My heart mending and Ikram's heart waiting. Hanging in the balance. Needing a merciful physician to mend him. A four heart defect. Four hearts aching. Learning to compensate for each other. Ironic.

The Husband to the Beloved
Oh Jerusalem, Where is your mother's certificate of divorce? Why have you left your first love? Would it not be comforting to return your wounded heart to His broken one and heal the aching of both the bride and husband? Is His hand shortened that it cannot redeem His bride? Is He unable to deliver you, to restore you to your rightful place as the beloved of the King.

The Master to His servant. To you. To me.
I have given you the tongue of those who are taught. Connie, I need you to hear Me. You are the one to whom I am speaking at this moment. You are the voice. They are the taught. To them has been given the Holy Scriptures. To you has been given the Holy Spirit. They need not only the Word but My beloved Spirit as well.

My word will sustain them when they are weary. Morning by morning He awakens me, He awakens my ear to hear the ones who are taught. The Lord has opened my ear and I was not rebellious. Let Me awaken in you the things that I need to so that you may be of use to Me. Speak. Write. Write what you see. Be a voice. The voice of one crying in the wilderness. Be their voice. Be My voice. Sustain them with a word. Tell them to return to the One, the Only One, their beloved. They are a reluctant bride to me. A wandering betrothed.

I am awakening you to hear them. Open your ears to hear me. Let me show you the language, their ways, their customs and their hearts. They have the Ancient Scriptures. You have the Words of Life.

Isaiah 50 Who among you fears the Lord? Let him who walks in darkness and has no light trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God. Behold, all you who kindle a fire, who equips yourself with burning torches! Walk by the light of your fire, and by the torches that you have kindled! This you have from my hand.

Ephesians 5 awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead and Christ will shine on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment