II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Least


Matthew 11 At that time Jesus declared, I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was Your gracious will. All things have been handed over to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him.

Sometimes I think of what my life might have been like. What if I had been born into great wealth? What if my father had been an ambassador and I had traveled all over the planet? What if my parents were famous actors? What if I had been born into the royal family, the Presidents' child or a rock stars daughter?

Would I have known God? Would I have been drawn to Him because of His goodness and mercy? Would I have studied the beauty of the earth and thought, I must know this wonderful creator? Would I have looked at my wealth or fame or status and thought, How wonderful that God would chose to bless me with all this? Or would I have gone about my merry way and never even acknowledged Him at all?

Do you know what brought me to God? NEED.

Overwhelming need. The need for a savior. A healer. A restorer. I needed to be forgiven and loved; provided for and cleansed. My sin had all but destroyed me. Life had devastated me.

Yes Father, for such was Your gracious will.

Not to the wise or the understanding but to the least ones Your reveal Yourself. The healthy have no need. The rich have no need. The happy have no need.

I thank You Father, Lord of heaven and earth.

No one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him.

Father thank You for making me one of the least of these. For if I had been wealthy, famous or unbroken I might never have needed You. And where would I be without You? You are more precious than all the wealth of the world. Your love is higher, deeper and more satisfying than the love of all the people of the world in every age. One moment in Your presence is more valuable than the fame or notoriety of the world's greatest achievers. You are life to me. You are breath. You are food and joy. In Your presence is peace and hope everlasting. You bring contentment, fulfillment and happiness.

Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

Jesus was a lowly one as well. Awesome.

Beautiful. Wonderful. Savior. Giving Yourself to the lowly. The needy. The least of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment