II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Witness


Isaiah 64 For of old no one has heard or perceived by the ear, no eye has seen a God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him.

Today is Shabbat and it is quiet. Hamza has been admitted for the weekend for fever, Ikram is in intermediate ICU, Belial, Deya, Mohammad, Shad and Noir are upstairs playing. I am at peace.

As I sit this morning in the courtyard of this, the oldest children's hospital in the middle east, I remember the faithfulness of my God. How could I have ever imagined this day ten years ago?

I remember the night He came to me. Commissioned me to become a nurse and to be prepared to come to Israel. On that day, this day was impossible to me. Yet...here I sit. A testimony to the fact that God keeps His promises.
I sense Him, the Gardener, in this courtyard. Quietly working here. Listening, like me, to the sound of children's laughter drifting down from the upper room. Children with wounded hearts brought to this place in His name. Hearts of Ishmael healed by Isaac in Jesus name. Do you get that? The enormity of what that means, especially in Jerusalem?

This city is the birthplace of monotheism. The mother of the three great religions. Judaism. Christianity. Islam. The fact that this place exists is a miracle. The fact that it exists for hearts needing to be mended is ironic. The fact that God has allowed me to be a witness to it is an honor beyond compare.

Acts 1 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be My WITNESS in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.

I am here to bear witness to the Lord. I have been given a voice to speak for this work, His work. I have been anointed by His Spirit to write what I see for Him.

Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.

Revelation 3 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with Me.

Mohammed's mom (Um Mohammed) calls. They need me. So I go to them. Happily. Thank you Father for Your marvelous gifts. They, like You, are more than I expect. More than I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment