II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Friday, October 2, 2009

The Threshold


Isaiah 43 But now thus says the Lord, He who created you, O Jacob, He who formed you, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the fire you shall not be burned and the flame shall not consume you. For I AM the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...because you are precious in my eyes and honored, and I love you.

We are somewhere over Greece, only a couple of hours away and, for the first time, I feel a little fear. Immediately the Helper says, Fear not for I have redeemed you. I have called you. And it occurs to me that I need not fear anything. Ever.

Life, at conception, is a miracle. New life in Christ is no less miraculous. Has it been by my own strength that I have arrived at this day? Did I form myself in my mother's womb? Did I pay my own sacrifice for my salvation? Did I orchestrate this day by my own power? Every single heartbeat has been a gift and a miracle of the Lord. I belong to Him and everything I have and all that I am, I owe to Him. Sometimes I feel like I have passed through the water and walked through the fire. My life has not always been easy. And I have not walked it alone, for He has been with me. He is with me still. He is with me always.

This summer I have experienced passing through new waters and new fire. A cleansing, refreshing baptism of the water of the Holy Spirit. Washed clean. Filled up. Flowing out. Rinsing away my stains. Washing away my guilt. Making me thirsty and satisfied at the same time. Does that make sense to you? He satisfies my thirst for Him completely but yet I cannot get enough. I have also experienced a new fire. Cleansing. Refining. Sparks of enlightenment. Shimmering fumes of revelation. Blasts of color, heat and smoke. The fire that falls from heaven and fills us with Himself. Liberating fires that release us from the ties that bind us by literally burning them to ashes which then float away like the chaff of our lives leaving us a pure and refined vessel. Stronger. More durable. Sparkling and glorious reflections of His light.

Why does He do this? Why would He take the time? Why does He never weary of us? Because we are His. We are precious in His eyes. We are honored family members. We are loved. So we can be free. We can be fearless. We can rest knowing that He holds us in the palm of His capable hands and watches us with His loving eyes.

And that gives me courage. Courage to go. Courage to give. Courage to love. Courage to be.

Psalm 46 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the Holy habitation for the Most High. God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved. God will help her when morning dawns (over the Mediterranean Sea)

Psalm 23 The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His Name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou are with me. Your rod and Your staff they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Amen, Lord.

Isaiah 43 Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth, everyone who is called my My Name, whom I called for My glory, whom I formed and made.

Father as the sun rises on this, my first Shabbat in Jerusalem, my heart overflows with gratitude to the King of all Kings. Blessed art Thou O Lord who was, who is and who is to come. My cup runneth over, my soul cries to You. It's ALL for You Lord and You are worthy. More than we deserve, more than we expect, more than we can contain.

No comments:

Post a Comment