II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Plea


Romans 10 Brothers, my hearts desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they might be saved...The Word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart....if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in Your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified and with the mouth one confesses and is saved....For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in Him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent....So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the Word of Christ. But of Israel He says, All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and contrary people. I ask then has God rejected His people?....Do you not know what the Scripture says, of Elijah, how He appeals to God against Israel? Lord, they have killed Your prophets, they have demolished Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life. But what is God's reply to Him? I have kept for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.

As I was waiting on the Lord this morning for the blog He said to me, Just share your hearts desire and your prayer to God. Let them just hear what you have to say today.

So, there is no revelation from the Lord today, no new truth. Just the OLD truth of the Good News of the Gospel and that is the best news I know.

First, thank you ALL for sharing the journey with me. I am speaking of the heart journey of preparation for this trip. In the first blog I wrote that I feared that I was not ready. That there was something that was being held back from God, hidden sins, unspoken words, things left unfinished and I have to tell you that as far as I can say, there is nothing left for me to do. I have tried to the best that is possible in the flesh to give it all up for Him. I have written letters of apology, spoken words of forgiveness, reconciled to the best of my ability any and every relationship that the Lord has laid on my heart. I have worshiped with new friends, cried with old friends, shared with strangers, been a servant to the saints, taken communion and laid the offering of sacrifice of the flesh at the feet of Jesus. There is not arrogance or bragging in this. It is simply a confession. As much as is in me, I have surrendered all. Thank you all for your comments on the blog site, on Facebook and through emails. It has helped to heal my heart to be able to share this with you.

But today my heart is longing to hear that there is none among you who has bowed the knee to Baal. My hearts desire and prayer to God for YOU is that you might be saved. His Word is near you. I have shared with you my road to the Savior as best I can. If you are reading this and He has redeemed you, would you comment on that? Praise the Lord that He has called you and saved you for all eternity. But if not, I beg you....Be reconciled to Christ. Now. Today. Don't wait another moment. Be saved. Be healed. Be baptized. Be discipled. Be sanctified. Be justified. Be glorified....already.

So here is the Gospel in a nutshell (as if all the world could ever really contain the whole). God has always been and will always be. He is eternal. He is holy, without spot or blemish. He is a triune God consisting of Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He created everything that is or ever will be, including you. He created everything in perfection with only one law and we broke that law. So as punishment for a sin debt that we could never earn or achieve, He gave the Son to be a perfect sacrifice for the sin of the world. Jesus Christ, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died a cruel death on the cross to pay for your sin and mine and His death was found acceptable to the Father. Jesus rose from the dead and ascended to heaven where He awaits a day where He will return to this earth to collect those who have received his gift of salvation. Until that day the Holy Spirit is given to every believer to help us on our way home. He is the Teacher, the comforter, the helper for our souls.
God loves you. Jesus died for you. The Holy Spirit lives within you. Will you accept that? Will you believe it? Then just tell Him. Believe in Your heart, confess with your mouth and be saved for all of eternity.

Brethren, my hearts desire and prayer to God is that you would be saved. To KNOW HIM. To let Him save you, heal you and set you free.

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.

It is well with my soul.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...

    i wonder if Paul ever mourned for his brothers and sisters in the way of Job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has redeemed me, alright...thank the Lord Jesus! :-)
    This just sounded to me...just right :-)
    So complete. Showing how He has fulfilled you. He has your cup overflowing...and I am sipping on your spillage!!! :-D
    I am so glad that I was your last visit prior to this missions trip. I enjoyed your company so much.
    I love you so much girl. I am so thankful to God that He put you in my path back in the 80's and that we are STILL good friends. Time can pass...and we just pick right back up. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In answer to your question, yes, I am saved and being redeemed and transformed daily.

    Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound
    that saved a wretch like me
    I once was lost, but now I'm found
    was blind but now I see

    Hallelu Yah!

    ReplyDelete