II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Dangers


Isaiah 55 Seek the Lord while He may be found; call upon Him while He is near, let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that He may have compassion on him, and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon. For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater so shall My word be that goes out from My mouth; it shall not return to Me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.


Yesterday we traveled into the West Bank to look at cabinets for the new kitchen. The American team of four and a Muslim background believer. And it occurred to me that in the last two days I had been in the Gaza strip and the West Bank. Neither of which is recommended by the US Government for American citizens.

Time is different here and one reason is the hospitality that we enjoy. There is always time for coffee, tea or bread here.

As we crossed the checkpoint into the West bank I was not afraid really but neither am I foolish. I know where I am. I have seen what can happen here. Things can turn in a moment. A man was being arrested, roughly, as we cleared the checkpoint and our driver warns us, No cameras. He says the man will be beaten and that causes unrest here. There is so much contradiction here; of language, culture, religion, social status and education and always the possibility of violence. There was a riot in Jerusalem just a couple of days ago. But while I do not wish to be foolish or reckless, because I do not believe that God honors such behavior, I also choose to trust Him. I am here at His direction and He alone protects and lengthens my days.

So today, I am having tea with a Palestinian family the West Bank. Yesterday I had tea with an Iraqi grandmother from Gaza. The Lord is expanding my boundaries.

Seek the Lord while He may be found.

Our friend, the cabinet maker, tells me that he is a good man. A peaceful man. He wants to come to America where we live free. He tells me that a few years ago an Israeli soldier was kidnapped in the West Bank and placed in a cave next to the house where we are having tea. The soldier was shot. This is life here. And I think, Lord what am I doing here? What can I possibly accomplish here?

For My thoughts are not your thoughts neither are your ways My ways, declares the Lord.

So for every story that I am hearing and for every child that I am trying to nurture there is a flood behind them. How could I possibly help them all? So I pray for them. I touch them. I play with them. I take their pictures in Christ's Name and for His sake. And when I ask myself if I am making a difference, He speaks...
For as the rain and snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater so shall My word be that goes out from My mouth; it shall not return to Me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the fields shall clap their hands. Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress; instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle and it shall make a name for the Lord, an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.

No comments:

Post a Comment