II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Monday, September 7, 2009

The Changes


John 3 ...A person cannot receive even one thing unless it is given him from heaven. He must increase but I must decrease.

Something wonderful and supernatural is happening to me. Every morning since this started I wake up thinking about this blog. And I have absolutely nothing to say. Then, as has become my morning habit, I sit at my desk to read my Bible and suddenly the words come. They usually come in the form of some issue that the Lord is sifting out of, or into, my life. The Lord has begun a work of purification in me since we got home in May. He is changing me, changing my habits, taking some things away, bringing new things. He is putting me in uncomfortable situations like bearing my fears, faults and failures to the people reading this. At other times He leads me to speak to someone about my faith or my testimony or about His faithfulness. He is teaching me to worship freely in public. He is bringing new people into my life, putting me in social situations and allowing me opportunities to share with others His goodness, grace and mercy.

At times I feel overwhelmed, sometimes uncomfortable, sometimes foolish, often unwilling. But mostly, just to be honest, I feel honored. He is God and I am...me. My God is not only a God that sits high in the heavens, worthy of the praise of the entire universe, He is a God that draws near. When we are unlovable, selfish, struggling and fleshly. As I give Him more of me, He gives me more of Him. I am losing myself in Him. Maybe this is what Jesus meant when He said that he who loses his life for My sake, finds it. He is teaching me to let go, to give in, to decrease, so that He may increase. And after all, that is what I want you to see, more of Him, less of me.

Acts 4 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated, common men, they were astonished and they recognized that they had been with Jesus....we cannot help but speak of what we have seen and heard.

2 comments:

  1. Amen and amen...I think it's amazing (but why not?) that He is giving us similar thoughts...I love you. Beautifully said~ from the Father's heart, through you to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just make me love HIM,
    MORE.
    :-)

    Thank you for doing this. You are a perfect example of His goodness, grace, and mercy!

    ReplyDelete