II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Friday, September 11, 2009

The Lion of the Tribe of Judah


Revelation 1 I was in the spirit on the Lords day and I heard behind me a great voice like a trumpet, saying write what you see in a book...

then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the lampstands one like a Son of Man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around His chest. The hairs of His head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire. His feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and His voice was like the voice of many waters. In His right hand He held seven stars, from His mouth came a sharp two edged sword and His face was like the sun shining in full strength.

And when I saw Him I fell at His feet though dead.

So often God is seen like a jack in the box in the hands of a child. He sits quietly in some unused corner of the playroom, colorful and beckoning but silently waiting on our pleasure. Beautiful box, smiling Jack on the outside, magical, musical and always ready to spring out when I crank Him up. Like rubbing Genie out of the bottle. He pops out of His box, arms open, face smiling, tinkling music in my ears. And when I grown tired of Him and if He has pleased me with His surprise and obedience, I put Him away until such a time that I have need of Him again. When I am lonely, or sad or hurt or I need a quick pick me up. I remember the sweet melody of His music and the way He always makes me smile with His ready appearances. Faithful, happy, come when you call Him, Jack. Sad. True. Shameful.

He who has an ear let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. I have this against you. You have abandoned your first love....Repent and do the things you did at first.

Father forgive us.

I know your works. You are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot!! So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of my mouth. For you say...I am rich, I have prospered and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind and naked.

Like a spoiled child, bored in the playroom we reach for our God in a box, when we think about it.

John had the proper attitude when faced with a holy, risen King. Falling on his face to worship.

John 4 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship Him. God is spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment