II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Sharpening


Proverbs 27 Iron sharpens iron and one man sharpens another.

God is doing an amazing work in our sight. I have started referring to this summer as "The Summer of my Pentecost". Never before have I had a season like this one. Amazing revelations from the Lord in so many forms; spiritual truths revealed in His Word, this blog given by inspiration from the Helper, the gift of a new handwriting. So many amazing times of worship through porch time and divine appointments at Our Fathers House and at Silverdale Church. Gracious acts of reconciliation of relationships in my family and especially with my children. So many blooming friendships with fellow believers, especially my sisters in the lord. For the first time in our marriage Ken and I have the time for a daily early morning Bible study and God has faithfully met with us and created this wonderful bond of ever growing respect and tenderness between us. He has blessed us with joblessness or what I prefer to call early retirement:). We have enjoyed passing prayers and Scripture through emails and even on Facebook I see daily among my friends prayer requests, Scripture, words of encouragement and praise to our God.

This summer we have taken communion, waved worship banners, been anointed with oil, had our feet washed by the saints, discovered the joy of the woman at the well and saw and angel dance in white before the Lord. And now to begin the fall; a trip to Jerusalem for ministry during tabernacles, with Lili. My cup truly runs over. Flooded. Filled beyond the capacity of this common vessel; flowing over into life. Thank you Father!! You are always so much more than I could ever deserve or could ever imagine.

You must be born again through faith in Jesus Christ.
You must be called by God the Father.
You must be filled by the Holy Spirit.

And you need to be sharpened by another.

Iron sharpens iron and one person sharpens another. Like minds. Kindred spirits. Deep calling to deep. So many are willing to sharpen others. So many that I owe my gratitude. My mama and Aunt Jean who have been faithful all my life. Last Sunday worshiping and praying with my sisters and family. My Bible study with Ken. The love and mercy of my children and watching them grow into such beautiful adults. The new daughter that the Lord has given me. How could I do without you? So many dinners with the Morgans on the porch. Porch time with all my girls. Finally getting to meet Chrissie and anticipating all the new friends in Israel. Reconnecting with old friends all the way back to high school. Thank you for encouraging me, loving me, praying with me, praying for me, worshiping and feasting with me. Thank you for sharpening me for Him!!

Prov 12 The righteous is a guide to his neighbor.

Prov 17 A friend loves at all times.

Eccl 4 For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up.

I woke up before sunrise this morning with one word from the Lord...iron. What? Is that all? I don't get it. I looked up everything I could find about iron and all the Scriptures I could find and nothing made sense. Later through a text message from one person and a phone call from another I was thinking, Wow, sharing Christ with others really starts to have a profound effect on their lives. We kind of rub off on each other. And the Lord said, Like iron sharpening iron. I had read that Scripture earlier in the morning. And that's how this is working. It comes in His timing, in His way. Amazing. Thanks Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment