II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Past


Isaiah 42 A bruised reed He will not break, and a faintly burning wick He will not extinguish.

Who am I? Rahab the harlot....the woman at the well....Mary Magdalene....Hagar....the woman caught in adultery....? Yes, a combination of them all, I guess. Lost, without hope, forsaken, alone...dying. I could not even imagine the person that I had been created to be. That is who I was. That is how He found me. That is not who I am. A bruised reed, a flickering light and Jesus became my good. My kinsman redeemer. My own personal "neither do I condemn you". Somehow through His marvelous grace He saw the person I could be. With His goodness He brings me to repentance. With His grace He makes me free. With His loves He gives me worth. With His kindness He teaches me compassion. With His courage He makes me bold. With His sacrifice of kindness He began to break down all my walls of bitterness and resentment. By speaking His truth into my life He began to teach me honesty and transparency. He owns me. He bought me with a great price and then He gave me my freedom.
So to You alone Lord, I give it all back. Day by day I will give it all back to You. Sometimes with an open and outstretched hand. Sometimes kicking and screaming. Teach me to trade ashes for beauty. To let go of the temporary and embrace the eternal. Show me how to lead other broken reads to the Only One that can heal us. Restore us. Reconcile us. Sanctify us and make us presentable to the Father, blameless and whole. Amen?
Often I find myself, just as I used to be. Selfish, self-destructive, dishonest and disobedient. Needing to be reminded that I have been redeemed and loved with an everlasting love. I find Him to be just as forgiving as He was at the beginning. Constantly pursuing a willful daughter and bringing her safely to the Kingdom of His glorious light.

2 Corinthians 13 Finally, brethren, REJOICE. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace, and the God of love and peace will be with you. AMEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment