II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Decisions


Ephesians 4 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Thirty days out. Thirty days to get ready. Usually as I plan for a trip my focus is on what to pack, what to wear. Today I'm thinking that I have only thirty days in which to ready my heart. Is there anything between me and my LORD? Any wrong that needs to be righted? Any hidden sin in my heart that I have not confessed and repented of? Any words that need to be said to anyone? I am sure that there are. One thing I have learned is that we live, or choose not to, for God in the moments of our life. While it is a once in a lifetime decision, it is a moment by moment decision. Learning to bring every thought captive to the Lord is...well impossible in the flesh. What does it mean to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which we are called? For me, right at this moment, it means to give my WILL to God. I will give to Him my desire to smoke, knowing that HE has made me free from slavery to sin. I will give Him my plans for my future, knowing that HE has a more excellent pathway for me to walk. I will give Him my need to keep us safe, knowing that HE alone controls my length of days. I will give Him my children and my husband for HE has given them to me for only a moment. Am I afraid? Yeah. Afraid that I will fail, afraid that HE will be disappointed in me, afraid that all those people who doubted that God could ever make anything useful out of the mess that I had made of my life will be proven right. But there is something that is stronger than my fear. I remember the promise that HE gave to me so many years ago.....If you will give me your life, I will make something beautiful out of it. So when I don't trust myself, I will trust YOU. When I don't believe in myself, I will believe in YOU. I have found YOU to be always faithful and true to me.
So....now to HIM who is able to do far more abundantly that anything that we can think of or even imagine, to the ONE who is able to present us faultless and blameless before the throne of grace and before the Father, to the One, the only ONE whose name is TRUE and FAITHFUL, be the glory and power and dominion forever and ever. AMEN.

2 comments:

  1. I stand amazed at the redeeming LOVE of the Father when I read HIS Word and see your heartfelt praise of Him! So blessed to be on this journey with you, my sister. As my precious P'nut was 'the witness' on our trip to Israel 4 years ago, He has chosen you sweet Cami to be 'the witness' on this trip...:-) Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have tears - touches me in so many places

    ReplyDelete