II Corinthians 4 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.



If you will give Me your life I will make something beautiful out of it.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Writing


Isaiah 6:1-8 In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of His robe filled the temple. Above Him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face and with two he covered his feet and with two he flew. And one called to another and said:

HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is the Lord of Hosts, the whole earth is full of His glory!!

And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said, Woe is me! for I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts! Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth and said: Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for. And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us? Then I said, Here am I! Send me.

Okay. If you don't believe in miracles from the Lord to common people, skip this one!!

In the last two weeks my handwriting is unrecognizable from the handwriting of my previous forty plus years and this the story of how that happened.

The following are excerpts from my personal journal and my joy journal (which are writings of my favorite Scriptures).

I am experiencing a miracle. I have been so intrigued by this change in my handwriting. I tried to think back to what was going on the day that it changed. My previous journal entries mention it but not specifically what happened. So the thought occurred to me to look not at the circumstances but at the verses that I was writing when I first noticed the change and what I saw astounded me. My handwriting did not change from one day to the next. It changed in mid paragraph. I was copying Isaiah 6:1-8 in my joy journal. At the beginning it is my normal handwriting and by the end it is completely different. So I looked at those verses and what they have meant to me me in regards to this blog and to the upcoming trip to Israel and to the work that He has done in my heart this summer.

I have been looking at Him and His holiness in character. He has been systematically detoxifying me. He is changing me from the inside out, taking things away and bringing things in. Different habits, people, job, my environment altogether. He has called me away to privacy this summer. And into my life He has brought Christian fellowship through strong Christian women, in person and over the Internet.

So, in the first part of the verses is His holiness and His drawing me into that holiness. And then the proper reaction to that, Woe is me. I am unclean. And that is how I have felt. Especially doing the blog. I feel unworthy of such a thing, unworthy of taking this trip, unworthy of being listened to because of the greatness of my sin and my past. I am unworthy of being in His presence. I am unclean of heart and lips. Then a coal touched my lips. There has been given to me a mouth of praise and testimony. Through the blog and through porch time and the dinners at OFH I have been given a mouth to testify of His goodness, mercy, peace, forgiveness and faithfulness. My guilt has been taken away and my sin has been atoned for. Hallelujah.

Then I heard Him say to me, Whom shall I send and who will go for Us? And I said, Here am I!! Send me.

That is the miracle of Jesus. That was my revelation yesterday. He is changing me. All of me. Even down to my handwriting. Only You Lord can make something out of nothing. Take what I have and make much of it.

That was on the ninth. The next morning my daily devotional was titled "Unlimited Vision" The verses were from, of course, Isaiah 6:1-8. Only You Lord.

1 comment: